Sunday 9 March 2014

Magazine Freebies! March 2014


I've been grocery shopping this morning and picked up a couple of magazines with great freebies.

First up was Elle magazine, for £4 and the freebie was a Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm worth £18.

It says on the tube that "this is, as they say, the cream de la cream. A miracle leave-on balm, to be exact, which helps give you (deep breath): moisture, shine, smoothness, definition, softness, light hold, high humidity protection and manageability. Or, short version, all you need for beautiful, healthy looking and flawless hair. Perfect."

Now apparently this is classed as a primer for your hair and you apply to towel dried hair. I can't wait to try it but I'm having my hair cut tomorrow so I shall have to wait a little longer than usual.  I shall report back once I have tried it, though.  

The other magazine I bought was Glamour magazine priced at £2. 

This had a choice of Model Co freebies - mascara (worth £16), lip liner (£15), eyeliner (£15) or lip gloss (choice of 2 colours £15 each). I had seen the magazine last week with the mascara and both liners but no glosses so I gave it a miss because I don't need those. However, when I saw it today with a lip gloss freebie I grabbed it! (Like I need any more glosses!). They only had the one colour "Berry Pink" which was probably the colour I would have chosen of the two anyway.

Swatch below...

As you can see, it is a very sheer pink with a bit of a shimmer and when you take the wand out, it smells of strawberries!  Yum!

Here it is on my lips...

It is a very natural looking pink, not far off my actual lip colour.  Although it smells of strawberries, it doesn't taste of them. I've only worn it for about 20 minutes so I cannot vouch for its longevity yet but it does feel a little sticky. I love that there is a little mirror on the packaging so ideal for when you're out and about. I think this is a lovely gloss for £2 but if I would pay the full price of £15 for it still remains to be seen...
It also comes with a 25% off H&M card. It is for one use only and valid between March 3rd and April 4th 2014.

Have you found any great freebies lately?  Please let me know.

Thanks for reading.  I would love to hear from you.
Enjoy your day.
Take care,
CJ xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time read my blog and I would love to read your comments.